Every so often I watch a movie or tv show and the actor(s) take my breath away with their performance. But it’s more than a performance. The actors have created life on film. This blog post recognizes ten of those incredible moments.
- Judd Hirsch and Wallace Shawn as brothers in Season 20, Episode 10 of “Law and Order Special Victims Unit.”
- Emma Thompson in the HBO film, “Wit.”
- Kate Winslet in the movie, “The Reader.”
- Al Pacino in the movie, “The Merchant of Venice.”
- Benedict Cumberbatch in “Richard III” of ‘The Hollow Crown” series.
- John Hurt as John Merrick in David Lynch’s “The Elephant Man.”
- Whoopi Goldberg in the movie, “The Color Purple.”
- Donald Sutherland in the movie, “Ordinary People.”
- Andy Griffith in the movie, “A Face in the Crowd.”
- Geoffrey Rush in the movie, “Final Portrait.”
Perhaps you have a favorite acting performance that moved you. Please feel free to mention it in the comments below.